These Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bangalore Serve Your Pets as Royalty
You are planning a trip with your family and those puppy eyes are staring at you asking, what about me? You do have boarding options like us in Bangalore, however this time you have decided to enjoy your holiday with your pet. Sometimes planning a trip with your pets can be daunting and you end up wondering which hotel to stay and how to reach the place. We are here to help you and if you are coming to Bangalore then have got you list of Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bangalore where you can take your pets and have a gala time.
Traveling to your destination with your pet
For now, Jet Airways has stopped allowing pets in their airlines but that is not the only option you have. You can always travel with Indian Railways and reach your destination with your pooch. All you need to do is book first class compartment and you are all set to go. If you stay near to your destination you may always travel in your car and check into Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bangalore. Let us have a look at the things you need to follow when you are traveling with your pets in Indian Railways below,
Guidelines While Traveling With Indian Railways
- A passenger can take his/ her pet only in first class or AC first class. The passenger has to book either two or four birth compartment exclusively for themselves and their pet and you would need to pay some charges too.
- If you are not able to find AC first class or first class ticket then you are not allowed in travel in any other class with your pet. You may always book your pet in Luggage/Brake Van after paying the charges and charges may differ according to the train type. There are specially designed boxes available with Indian railways for this purpose.
- If you would like to book your pet in Luggage/Brake Van then you would need to contact Railways parcel office at any railway platform.
- If you are caught traveling with your pet by any railway authority then you would be spot fined as per the rules.
- Dogs when carried in the break-van and/or A.C.C. and first class passenger compartments will be charged for at Scale 'L'(luggage Rates)on the basis of weights indicated below, subject to a minimum charge of Rs.10/- per dog, charges being Prepaid: When carried in break_van (Dog-Box) 30 Kgs When carried in passengers compartments 60 Kgs "Seeing Eye" dog traveling with a blind person in the compartment (First class) will, however, be charged the same tariff as for dogs carried in brake_van. The dogs must be provided with Collars and Chains. Owners should make their own arrangements for food and water for the dog during the journey. Dogs detected unbooked will be charged at six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-
- A passenger traveling in First Air condition class or first class may take a dog into the compartment only with the concurrence of fellow passengers on payment of charges vide Clause(1) above. The charges are to be prepaid. If fellow passengers subsequently object to the dog remaining in the compartment, it will be removed to the Guard's van, no refund is given.
- Dogs are not allowed to be carried in ACC Sleeper Coaches, Acc chair car coaches sleeper class and second class coaches.If a dog is found being carried in contravention of this rule, it will be removed immediately to the brake-van and charges will be levied six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-
- Charge for dog carried in reserved compartments will be levied at the dog-box rate. Any dog detected unbooked will be charged six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/- Large dogs which cannot be carried in the dog-box of a brake van will be carried in a special vehicle at the same rates and conditions as for horses.
- Owner will only have to arrange for their food and water supply and need to make sure other passengers are not getting troubled because of it.
- Dogs detected unbooked with the passenger in IA and Ist class compartments will be charged six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-. A lady travelling alone with children under 12 years of age in a first class compartment may take with her in the compartment one dog on payment of charges at the Dog Box Rates,subject to a minimum of Rs.10/-provided that if another lady enters the compartment, the dog can only be allowed to remain in the compartment with her consent. Any dog detected unbooked will be charged at double the dog-box rate for the distance up to the point of detection and at the dog-box rate for the distance beyond the total charge is subject to a minimum of Rs.20/- for each dog.
So this was about few guidelines which you need to follow while traveling with Indian Railways. We would share this in a separate article too. Now let us talk about Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bangalore below,
Pet-Friendly Hotels in Bangalore
Hotel Viva, Jayanagar
Hotel Viva is located in the heart of Bangalore city. It is in Jayanagar and welcomes your pets with a lot of hospitality and care. All you need to do is call the front desk before you check in and they would make all the necessary arrangements so you and your pet can have a pleasant stay.
Address: No 38/2, Near Sagar Hospital, 30th Cross Bannerghatta - Tilak Nagar Cross Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560041
Phone: 099456 00771
This is another option where you may go with your pets in Bangalore. You would need to be extra careful while booking here as some hosts write their place as pet-friendly but later do not allow them. Once you chat with them, you should ask it and make sure they allow pets. You would be able to get many pet-friendly places here.
Sherwood Suites, Whitefield
If you want a place near Whitefield then Sherwood Suites is a perfect place for you and your pet. Sherwood Suites are luxurious serviced apartments and hotels located in Marathahalli and Whitefield in Bangalore and are ideal for corporate guests.
Address: Ste. 107, 17/2, Maangalya Suryodaya Complex, Airport Varthur Main Road, Marathahalli, Next to Bageecha Restaurant, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560037
Phone: 080 4242 6100
Spring Hotels and Spa, J C Road
Located near commercial hub of Bangalore, Spring Hotels and Spa welcomes you and your pets. This is one of the best pet friendly hotels in Bangalore where you would get comfort and class at the same time.
Address: 19, H Siddaiah Road, Off J.C. Road, before Urvasi,, Doddamavalli, Sudhama Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560002
Phone: 080 2222 5777
Vivanta by Taj, M G Road
Located at M G Road this place is open for pets at an extra cost of whopping 3000 rupees. Known for its hospitality and luxurious stay, this hotel is near to all major places of Bangalore and could be a perfect option for you if you are ready to shell out a lot of money on your holiday.
Address: 41/3, MG Road, Yellappa Garden, Yellappa Chetty Layout, Ulsoor, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001
Phone: 080666 04444
Casa Cottage, Richmond Town
This place is near to Richmond town which is one of the posh areas of Bangalore and near to all major destinations of Bangalore. This is a bungalow converted into a hotel with pretty good reviews and they welcome pets without any extra cost.
Best Caretaker of Dogs
Best Caretaker of Dogs, Wish they open in multiple locations soon. - Avinash S K
The way swagata took care of my baby is way too amazing. They have a beautiful facility with a mix of Homestay and professional boarding. My husky Bruno loved going there. I recommend this place to all dog parents. They have got wow factor with them. - Gaurav Gupta
Best Boarding For Your Pooch
Swagota and Abhishek took a lot of care of our Leo. He is extremely happy to have got chance to clean up all the grasses 😀 and thanks you for the care 🙂 He had fun with Auzzie.. Thanks so much! - Anushka